HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I wanna share pics from my backyard
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
AJ52
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I wanna share pics from my backyard

both big bucks were shot by the company called "White Buffalo"

they are paid hunters that get $300 a day to sit in the stand and $200 a deer. county hired them to reduce the number of deer.
Very similar to what occurred down here last year with an outfit(well respected) that came in to take out 600 deer.Never came close to the 600 and what they did take cost the state a small fortune.Delaware hunters raised wholy Hell not to mention state lost some face on the failed sniper hunt.

F&G has now implemented a "Master Hunter Program".
Long and Short - State holds training classes and seminars(free)to certify a select volunteer group of hunters to take part in managed hunts in areas of extreme high density.This year it worked out much better than the "Snipers".Hunters are happy they have a chance at bonus deer hunting and the state saves a **** Pot full of money.Win - Win Deal

I'm not sure what other states use this Master Hunter Program but it sure seems the way to go when state needs to thin out herd in select areas.
The taxpayers also seem happy not to pay for Snipers or the connotation connected with them.