HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wanted:Black bear
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 PM
kansaswiderack
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wanted:Black bear

I have hunted Viking Lodge in Manitoba w/ good success. 5 trips 4 kills. One year I only saw one bear and it was small. The next week a 13 year old kid shot a monster out of that very stand. I believe it was 7'8" and 460# field dressed. That is an absolute freak of nature. The bears I have killed have all been on the small side and probably 3 years old. Normally I see more than one bear per evening w/ constant activity some of the time. Ted has been baiting the area for 20-30 years so the bears are use to his sights and come in regularly. I would say you can expect a 150-200 bear with the possibility of larger ones showing up. I have taken a chocolate and had a small cinniman sp come in several times last year.

I believe the rate is $2000 for the hunt and includes lodging, tranportation to & from your stand, skining & freezing the meat. Boats for fishing are part of the package.Fishing can be excellent. You do your own cooking.

I think you can do a search for Viking Lodge and come up w/ the details. Good luck.