HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How should I do it? What does it take?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
huntnmuleys
Fork Horn

Default RE: How should I do it? What does it take?

i started my traveling by doing swap hunts. that really opened a lot of doors for me in this department, of course, living in wyoming i had plenty to swap. i always swap a muley/antelope hunt because i can get high odds of success for my swappers. you have some decent hunting where your at, give em a try.

i dont do many swaps anymore, i havea better job with more days off and better pay.

like the others said, pick what you want to hunt and research the hell out of it. and look into unguided options too. you can come here to wyoming and hunt muleys and antelope without a guide, and probably fill both tags (the antelope is easy). spot and stalk black bears takes no guide, look to idaho, or better prince of wales island alaska. how cheap these hunts can be done would surprise you. hogs in texas are way cheap, and a lot of fun. colorado and idaho have over the counter archery elk tags. not an easy hunt, but ya get to hunt elk!!!! arizona coues deer is tough to hunt, but the tags are as easy to come by as going to the store and buying one. beautiful country and way fun.
lots of these trips areway cheap. it just depends on what ya want to chase.

and my hunting is the reason i quit pursuing a teaching job. it wasnt gonna work for me.