HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Zumbo saga goes on.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 PM
SILVERTIP-CO
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Zumbo saga goes on.

ORIGINAL: jones123

I agree with Zumbo, hunting with assault rifles is not in hunters best interest.HUGELY bad P.R. image, bordering on plain and simple dumb.
And I agreed with you until I learned more about them, and more importantly until I read everythinghe said.Zumbo actually called them terrorist weapons and said they should be banned from the field.

If you read the latest bill on the floor (posted nearby on another thread) it would ban an auto load shotgun simply because it has a pistol grip.

Our threat is not the anti-guns. They know the gun lobby is too powerful for a ban on hunting. However, let's say they get this pistol grip turkey gun banned. Then justwaita fewyears and introduce a small modification to that bill, convincing Joe non-hunter that this turkey gun is just as dangerous without the grip as it is with the grip. (Using our own argument against us - that it is the "same gun".) Now you have 3.5 inch auto load shotguns banned. Then its the 3 inch, and on it goes.

Same could be true for the AR. It is chambered in rounds very close to what we hunt with. Get it banned, then keep making small modifications to than ban until you get around to my plain jane bolt action .270.

Here's where I'm on your page,Losthwy . . . hunters do need to be aware of our image and police ourselves. Acting like we are in battle with the animals is hugely damaging. Wounding them and making little to no effort to retrieve them. Talking too much about the rack with no mention of the meat. Cheering and laughing about killing the varmints and how they explode on impact. Shootinginto herds or groups to see what drops.

A hunter with a bolt action .270 who acts like an idiot does a lot more damage to huntingthan a hunter with an AR who is respectfulabout his hunt, his game, and non-hunters.

Losthwy, please be careful with the Feds and people who say "ban". Many of them think they are actually helping this country out as they whittle away at our freedom. Each whittle is just a shaving until the stick is gone.
[/quote]

It seems as tho you have captured the essence of the cancer in our country that is liberalism. Dr Michael Savage would be proud of you for that summation above. The cancer starts slow...ban this little gun thing, ban that little gun thing, pretty soon we're like the Crown Colonies and Eastern Europe.

If I see a guy hunting with an AR SKS M16 Or 50 cal, I'll just give him a big ol SALUTE and a wave ... and continue minding my own business and not his. I just bought 4 guns in the last 4 weeks, and dont know when I'll stop...but it will not be because of the antigun commies in our government.