HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bare shaft testing and spine?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 12:29 PM
Lilhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bare shaft testing and spine?

also the type of string material, the number or strands it has, the placement of your silencers, and the placement of your "pressure poit" on your rest all affect how an arrow ACTs (dynamic spine).

I dont think adding stuff to the inside is consitent enough to warrent doing it. I have heard though adding enough to the nock side will make an arrow act stiff, something I have never tried, just heard. Definatly dont add it to the point side as it will decrease spine wt.

To touch on one thing Art said. 5lbs pure inch cut off....dont go chopping 1 inch at a time, if possible due it in 1/4" intervals (maybe 1/2&quot.

You can get stickbows to shoot just as perfect as a compound with the right setup! It takes some time and a stickler for details but its definatly obtainable and everything comes down to arrow spine!

Last but not least, do you want a hard HITTING or a long PENETRATING arrow? There is a difference, Ke vs Mom! example, 2 cars collide, car 1, a 4door sedan, car 2 one of those new ugly beetles. Upon impact those two cars exert KE, immediatly after impact, whatever happens, (probably car 1 completly ruining the bettle due to sheer mass alone) is due to the momentum the two cars have. Now ya have to take into consideration, car design, style of impact head on, angle etc etc, things of this nature. Like in arrows, diameter, bh design, spine, weight, speed, and most imporatantly was it even flying straight! You can have what you think the perfect setup, but if the arrow has any wobble to it at all, you are wasting much more then you think you have!