HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated w/ canadian border crossing!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:55 AM
GoatSlayer
Fork Horn

Default RE: Frustrated w/ canadian border crossing!

Hey 20GaDBL,

Don't know if you are hunting with a group or not. If so you will need to make positive everybody is on the up and up with you. In 2005 we went to Canada to hunt Elk. There was a group of 5. Of this four of us were friends and one was a friend of a frined. An all right guy but only one of my buddies knew him. We got to the border and we were put thru the ringer. Searched from top to bottom. Each taken in to seperate rooms and questioned for over an hour each. This was my 7th trip to Canada so I new something wasn't right. After 6 hours we were told we couldn't enter as a group. They explained one of us had a problem. We went outside to talk. Found out this guy had bought minnors beer when he was 21 and got conviceted of it. Mind you he is 45 now but they still wouldn't let him pass. Don't know his reason and didn't care at the time. We took him back to the nearest town. Got a bus ticket and went back. Went back to the crossing took about 30 seconds to get across. Now if I ever travel as a group everybody knows up front if they have had problems they better not go.

Goatslayer........