HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - totally lost
Thread: totally lost
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Rebel Hog
Dominant Buck

Default RE: totally lost

ORIGINAL: Redclub

I have and do hunt CO. during the ML season and I have hunted the flattops for many years.
The Omega will shoot 348 powerbelts just fine and will kill elk but they are not a white which imo is a really great conical shooter. Put in a 460 grain conical over a 1oo grains of T7 and you will take any elk out there.
I believe the powerbelt will take elk very effectively with a good hit. I would be concerned with a shoulder shot tho,not the greatest penetration.
The 460 conical will put them down any place a centerfire rifle will
I seen the results first hand on both and these are my opinions.
THe Omega is a fine rifle for a beginner.
Redclub
Are powerbelts legal now?

COLORADO
Minimum Rifle Caliber: 40 caliber for deer, pronghorn antelope, black bear, sheep and goat; 50 for elk and moose
Minimum Handgun Caliber:
prohibited
Legal Projectiles:
lead bullet only
Are Pyrodex Pellets Legal?
no
Are Scopes Legal?
no
Minimum Barrel Length:
ATF standard
Ignition System Restrictions:
percussion and flintlock
Are In-line Rifles Legal?
yes
Special Muzzleloading License Required?
must designate when filing for specific big game
Other Muzzleloader Rules:
Only single-barrel muzzleloading rifles are legal for blackpowder hunting in Colorado. For 40- to 50-caliber guns, the bullets must weigh at least 170 grains, and for 50 and larger calibers, bullets must weigh at least 210 grains.
Season Information:
2000 Deer/elk/antelope: available by drawing only Deer/elk: west of I-25 (and unit 140): Sept. 9-17 Plains deer: east of I-25 (except unit 140): Oct. 14-22 Antelope: Oct. 21-29
For More Information:
Colorado Wildlife Division 1313 Sherman, Room #718 Denver, CO 80203 Phone (303) 297-1192 http://www.dnr.state.co.us/wildlife