HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - totally lost
Thread: totally lost
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 10:19 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: totally lost

timwlarsen

CO as I understand isa non-sabot, no pellet powder, no scope. After reading these posts, I was considering the omega though that is not set in stone. I don't have a clue which type of power to purchase, which projectile, if it says no sabots - is that only a round ball and patch or can you use a powerbelt. I reside in Iowa and would also consider deer hunting with it. I am not impressed with the group hunts and shotgunning method my fine stateengages in.
I own an Omega and love it - it shoots great.... but.... if I were in Colorado - I probably would find a different gun to hunt with... It is not noted for it's ability to shoot conicals, although it will shoot Powerbelts just fine, except I have a mental block against them...

The best gun probably for what you are proposing is a White, except they are very hard to find anymore, the second best gun in my mind would be an old Remington model 700ml, you can still find them around and they will shoot everything. And really the best gun might be a an older Knight of some kind - do not own any Knights but someone like Wolfhound on here is a Knight expert could really fill you in better.

For me the White and the Remington fill the big bill, both have all three ignitions systems can shoot conicals, sabots, and PB's equally well. You can adapt them to be leagal in any state but Idaho.

Good luck in your search - there will be a lot of other opinions and suggestions... I just happened to get here first or second....