HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabela's Alaskan Guide Scopes
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Cabela's Alaskan Guide Scopes

I have one and love it. I have a varmint model scope in 6.5-20x44 with the adjustable objective and mildot reticle. The nice thing about cabela's is they have a great return policy and you can try things out to see if you like them. I tried like 4 or 5 scopes until I found the one I liked. From a Cheap 100 BSA (not cheap for BSA I guess) to an almost 600 dollar leupold (don't remember the model). I liked the cabela's scope better so I bought it.

When I have talked to the people at Cabela's they say they don't have a clue who makes what scope for them. And it varies from model to model. They buy from most of the major commpanies, and some are even made right at the optics plant in Japan for them. I compared mine to other scopes and it looks very much like a Nikon. I found one that was very close in looks and features (for more money) to the one I bought with the cabela's name on it. They were made in the same optics plant in Japan as well. This has been a few years ago though, so things may have changed. Cabela's likes to do that I have noticed.

Mine is also on a 17 HMR.

Paul