HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM
jones123

Default RE: Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

wyotimberghostand 358WinMan, very well said.
I don't see anything to be gained by people continuing to beat a man while he's down. . . . . .

But we're up to fighting the real enemies of firearms and that's by and large the Leftist politicians in this country at city, state and federal level.
Exactly. Even if we had no feelings, there is a very practical reason for letting him stay in the hunting community. We need him.If he drops out of sight, the anti-guns can use his comments for a long long time.

If Zumbo stays in it and does the AR hunt on TV, the anti-guns will have a lot less to dance about. They will have three choices - one, he is just a nutcase, not worth quoting; two, he is a true convert and probably a stronger AR /AK ally than before; or three, the arm dealers money is a force to be reckoned with. Any of these three optionsis better than to just leave the original statements hanging out there for them to use.

No, he may not undo all the damage, but he also cannot turn back the clock. Only decide what to do next.

I am not the only hunter who has not used a battle gun for hunting but is now thinking about getting one after this debacle. I have read several like me in these forums.