HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How should I do it? What does it take?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 08:16 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Default RE: How should I do it? What does it take?

youngun, I'm one of those guys that is able to hunt all over every year but it was a long road to get to this point, I grew up in upstate New York poor as a church mouse so I hunted everything that was available nothing was safe from me deer/woodchucks/squirrels/ducks/pheasants etc.most times I hunted alone rather than wait for my friends to find time to go hunting with me. so my advice to you would be get educated and try to get into an outdoors field, game cop, biologist or even forest ranger . every job that I had I told them upfront that I had to have at least a week off for deer hunting every year, it cost me a few jobs but if you are doing a job that you hate it will screw up your whole outlook on life. I now live in southern california and contrary to popular opinion we have a lot of hunting opportunities, deer/pigs/rabbits/ground squirrels plus good quail hunting and turkeys. if you ever get out this way I'll be glad to show you around, Bill