HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What shotgun should I get?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM
younggun308
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What shotgun should I get?

I went to a gun show, and there were no BPS's, and I've already fired a Mossberg 500 (my uncle's) and I thought it was okay, and it fired fine, but I am almost positive that there's something better out there on the market. I just didn't feel natural with it, just not the gun I can picture myself pointing in the air.

I guess I'll just need to go to my gun dealer and feel some shotgunsthere.

I would like to hear more about that Ithaca-12, that looks cool.

I would like to get an auto-loader, since price won't be such a big deal since the main reason I'm planning on getting a shotgun is that my uncle is going to re-introduce Tennessee Red Quail on the lease, and he'll first have to pen-raise the chicks, and then release them when they're 10 weeks old or whatever, and wait for the population to take off, and that takes several years, so I'll be able to get my shotgun in that period of time, and then some. I may just end up getting a Bennelli, though I severely doubt it.

I do wonder about that Ithica-12, and I am open to other suggestions, since I don't know much about auto-loaders anyway.

My uncle has a compositeCharles Daly auto-loader, but it has problems firing primers, and it jammed all the time.