HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guides and Outfitters aren't really worth it!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:04 PM
frontier gander

Default RE: Guides and Outfitters aren't really worth it!

the part in bold is exactly what I am talking about, when I say that people have gotten Lazy! As a hunter, you have earned the animals that you take because you have put the time in to learnthe habits/tendencies/seasonal movements of these animals, and the terrain in which they live. Where as your clients are just paying you for your knowledge so that they dont have to really put in any effort other than hike the hills and shoot the animal. They really dont need to know anything but what you tell them, and the following year they will be just as stupid about how these animals behave as they were before (No respect for the animals thattheyharvest!).In my opinion,the adventureof a lifetime is the one that you make for yourself, not the ones that you pay someone elseto provide for you.
[/quote]

I can agree with that. A lot of hunters are lazy and dont want to work for it so they pay someone to show them where they are just so they cn squeeze teh trigger and take back a head. Cherokee dont take me wrong for agreeing with the other guy but hunters have gotten lazy and it is easier to pay for a guide and get a head to put up on the wall. But as for hunting elk or mule deer or even antelope in CO, Its pretty much like shooting a cow in a slaughter house. Even the DOW will give out maps and info of units with good animals and where they usually run.