HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Years Resolutions for NY Hunting & Hunters
Old 02-14-2007, 06:50 AM
doughboysigep
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Years Resolutions for NY Hunting & Hunters

I'm a bit suprised also. Maybe not many NYers floatin around, maybe they just don't care?????? As far as habitat, we aren't too bad off. I am sure there are areas that may have the "forage line" (nothing below the deer's reach), but not like I have heard in PA. The herd is, most likely, not "in balance" (depends on the definition), but it's not terribly out of balance, IMO. But who knows for sure? As I said, I am up in the air on the AR issue. I don't really think it's needed and there really has to be a sound management/biological reason for me to buy into it (the one buck rule - no way). If people realy want the trophy bucks & balanced herds they should get their own land (300+ ac. and manage it accordingly (I wish I could do that). Otherwise leave the public lands alone. However if they do try the "AR" approach on public land they better be willing to takea QDM approach an plant food plots and manage forests to support the change.