HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lab question
Thread: Lab question
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 10:05 AM
cascadedad

Default RE: Lab question

Crimson, Yes, FT dogs are strong, because they work. They are lean because of what they eat and don't eat. A friend of mine is a long distance runner. He STARTED running to lose weight. Then he said that really didn't work very good and since he was getting serious about running, he went on a diet to lose weight so he would be a better runner.

I think if you talk to any FTer you will find that their dogs have a very strict diet to keep them lean and mean.

Reefdonkey, I personally don't care forWolters because of the claims he makes of his techniques being revolutionary. I also absolutely do not buy into the "49 day" myth. In my opinion Wolters was a writer and obviously knew how to market his books. Do a search on him and you will find that he was also an expert in hang gliding and wrote a book or two about that also. Many of "his" techniques were actually very similar to what JLF's book has in it and JLF's book was written first.

Anyway, here is an article I found that made a lot of sense to me.

http://my.execpc.com/~crzy1ess/49Day.html

Now, having said all that, I do agree that much of the stuff Wolters wrote will work for a guy that wants a hunting dog.

Flame away!