HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Case Cleaning
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 AM
sandman3022

Default Case Cleaning

My wife bought me a Lyman Turbo Case Cleaner for my birthday and I don't know what the proper procedure is for cleaning brass. Before, I was only cleaning the cases in warm soapy water. I've read some posts and most say they clean their brass in a case tumbler prior to resizing.

I'm a little confused because the decapping and resizing die are done in the same operation. It seems to me that if I clean the cases prior to resizing with the old primer still in, I will not be able to clean the flash hole and primer bowl. But if I decap first, I risk scratching the decapping/resizing die.

The only way I've come up with is to first clean the brass in warm soapy water to remove the dirt and residue. Then I'm going to decap and resize the case before putting them into the Case Cleaner Media to clean and polish the brass.

Is that the way I'm suppose to go about it?

Also, I bought some regular corn cob media, Lyman's Corn Cob Media,Lyman's Turbo Charger Media Reactivator, and some Lyman's Turbo Brite Brass Polish. Should I use two different batchesof corn cob media for cleaning and then polishing?