HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One more question..
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 06:16 AM
olblueeyes
Spike

Default RE: One more question..

Some suggestions. Consistency is the key when loading your firearm, remember you will be shooting a clean barrel when you go hunting , so you want to duplicate the POI when shooting a clean barrel. So with that in mind when I get home from my range time I remove the breech plug clean as necessary, apply the anti sieze, clean the barrel very good, lightly oil, then run a dry patch or 2 down the barrel and try to remove a over abundace of oil. After this put a patch on your jag fire a primer and inspect the patch it should show a burn mark. Then you will be good to go. As previous said cleaning between shots is a must for accuracy that will match a clean barrel. Also you will hear the air rushing thru the nipple when using the dry patch, if not tear down and clean. One thing to keep in mind never saturate the patch, I use windex. The ammonia is the secret why windex works. I also bought some CVA plastic remover and to the best of my knowlege it really works, when used I let it sit for a period of time then run a wire brush several times followed by patches you will be surprise at how black the patches come out. I hunt in a shotgun only state so I use my ML'er. Just my @ cents. Lou