HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Correct arrow spine
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 01:12 PM
dandbuck
Fork Horn

Default Correct arrow spine

OK, I did a search and have been looking at a bunch of posts, getting myself more confused by the minute.
How do I know the correct spine of my arrows? I am shooting a Reflex Bighorn with 29" draw, 68#, 28 1/2" Gold Tip Hunter 55/75 with 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy's. Is this enough info? These arrows ok for the bow? At last trip to the shop, it shot 274 if I remember correctly. It is very quiet, or should I say was (I have changed some things and have not shot it again yet) Thanks to Greg/MO and a bunch more of you guys, I have spent some money on a Muzzy Zero Effect rest, a new Troph Ridge 5 pin sight, and a CSS from MeanV. To do this I needed to modify my lower cable guard to an upper cable guard, and so now I am ready to go back and tune this thing and see what it does. I'm starting to think I should not have starting reading so much on this site , but oh well, now I am a regular. My other changes are to add blazers instead of the 4" vanes and I am debating a luminock so I can see the arrow better at close distances, but the color of my blazers may have already helped that (white and orange tiger). Thanks for the help, I just want to make sure my arrows are going to work before I change the vanes.