HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - turkey shoot guns
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default turkey shoot guns

anyone do the whole turkey shoot thing?? im not talkin live turkeys...im talkin generally shooting at a paper with a dot or crosshair on it...closest BB to the dot or cross hair center wins the prize. generally held at sportsmans clubs and such. the shooting is always about 20yds i believe. the real kicker is you cannot bring your own ammo. if i could bring my own ammo id bring my heavy shot and go home with a ton of ham and turkeys becasue i would rip the targets in half at 20yds with hevi shot.

im convinced they shoot reloads with a REALLY light load. ive tried a couple diffrent guns. can never do very well. its truely ALL luck. this spring i do wanna pattern my turkey gun with light loads and see just how bad they pattern or if the shoots are REALLY set up to be luck. just amazes me that 6 or 7 1/2 shot patterns so badly..hevi shot 6s pattern amazingly and its a fairly light load for a turkey load so though im missing a bunch of shot its not THAT much.

anyone know anything about these kinds of shoots?? anyway to up the odds?? noone does any better then the next guy it seems. just all luck of that one bb that gets the closest...anyone got any ideas or anything? besides sneak in hevi shot loads i dont wanna win a ham or turkey bad enough to cheat...i just think it would be fun to be pretty competative. ive won atleast once every one ive been too..but out of 20 or so rounds your bound to get lucky. pretty bad i pay 20+$ for a afternoon of sittin around a gun club to win one little 8lb "young turkey" lol