HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Pickerel

Default RE: Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

Take a look at the used racks. You can also purchase guns at Walmart's in NY or PA. For what you would have to pay to purchase from one of the websites with shipping and additional fees it's not worth it. I have heard many horror stories about people getting screwed when purchasing from the auction sites. If at all possible handle the gun before you buy. You mentioned you just got your fid card, so I imagine your probably going to school in Princeton and originally from the Rochester area.I forget the name of the army navy store on rt 130 which is about 20 minutes from Princeton. They usually have a pretty decent selection.
Go from somewhere else to New Jersey?! Other way around man... I'm going to school in Rochester and I'm from outside Trenton. And yes, I frequent Harry's Army and Navy, or are you talking about the Sportsmen's Center a little ways down the road? I've been to both of them looking at guns, and last I checked over Christmas break neither had an Express... Harry's just had two Wingmasters in. And trust me, I tried it... a Wingmaster / Express barrel / Realtree camo scope is a very unusual combination! Also, I know in New York you need a NYS drivers license to buy a gun... I'm not sure if they'd accept my New Jersey firearm purchasers card unfortunately. I should still probably try asking someone, as that gives me a reason to go waste a day at Gander Mtn.