HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - State Harvest Reports
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: State Harvest Reports

How many deer do you suppose hunters drag in to their garages and cut up in West Virginia without taking them to a check station?

There is no way to get an actual count of how many deer are killed in this state or any other,for that matter.
Here we do not call them hunters if they haul them off to their garages and cut them up. We, have a name for them, here we call them poachers! If they do this in season they most likely do this out of season as well.

It won't work any better because if 60+ percent of the hunters are too lazy to send in a postage paid self addressed report card,why would they go out of their way to drive to a check station?
Here, the tagging stations put them in a big envelope that they either mail or is picked up by a warden or a biologist. It is really quite symple. Why would I want to go to a tagging station? It is the law here and getting caught with an illegal deer in your freezer is a $1,000 fine. So why wouldn't I want to? I guess it is because it is the right thing to do and $1,000 can buy me a lot of stakes.

I have to agre with what Windwalker is saying and that it is still very symple to do.