HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope Quandary: Here I Go AGAIN!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 AM
CBM SC

Default RE: Scope Quandary: Here I Go AGAIN!

I haven't owned a lot but I have a buddy who has a lot of different scopes !!

My experience the regular Burris Fullfield sucks in low light and the adjustments do not "click" so it was a tough one to sight in !! I will never buy another Burris because I feel there is much better for the same or less money!!

I have a Ziess Diavari 3x9x42 and it is a awesome scope !!

I have a Swarovski PV 3X12X50-30mm and it is a very nice scope but not quite as clear as the Ziess in extreme low light(almost too close to call though)!!

My Dad has a Nikon Monarch UCC 3X9X40 on a muzzle loader and loves it !! He has killed some deer just as late as I have with a Ziess Diavari !! I just ordered a Nikon Monarch UCC 6X42 for my son's .223 ........so I will have some first hand experience soon !!

My buddy has about any high end scope you can name !! His favorite's are the Ziess Diavari 3x12x56 !! His son has a Conquest and my friend says the Conquest actually stacks up pretty well untill it gets to the extreme ranges of low light and his Diavari is just more clear and easier to find the target !!

Scopes are a pain because if you spend a reasonable amount of money you wonder if you should have spent more to get the better one.............then when you spend more you have a hard time justifying the expense when you could of had something nearly as good for a lot less !!

Yeh I have two nice scopes but I still wonder if I would've been fine with Ziess Conquest's or Nikon Monarch's for half the price (??) !!
I will say one thing........my Swarovski is as nice of scope as I will probably own ...and because of it I am clumbsy with it and have dropped the gun hard twice and I haven't had it but a month !! Suprisingly the gun has stayed zero'd both times !! I was extremely impressed with that !! Hopefully I will not drop it again !!