HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Show and Tell time!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Show and Tell time!

Here is part of my arsenal. On the lower part of the photo, starting in the left part of the wall rack are some Green Mountain Barrels and ramrods leaning there. There is a .62 caliber smooth bores, two .54 calibers with various twist rates, a .50 caliber roundball rifle barrel, and three .54 caliber Renegade barrels off Thompson Center rifles.

Starting on the front of the rack is a .58 caliber Green Mountain Barrel with 1-70 twist. Next to that is a .50 caliber CVA Stalker Carbine with a 1-32 twist, then we have a .54 caliber CVA Mountain Stalker with a 1-48 twist. Up next is the first of myRenegade rifles sporting a Green Mountain 1-28 twist stainless steel 28 inch barrel. Next to that is a Lyman .54 caliber Flintlock. From there we have aflintlocks in .50 caliber which is a T/C Hawkins rifles, a Tradition's Pioneer rifle, another Renegade in .54 caliber, then we have a White .504 caliber Ultra Mag, a Traditions 1-66 twist Woodsman Hawkins rifle, a Knight Wolverine, A T/C Black Diamond XR, a Knight .50 caliber Disc rifle, you can just see a CVA Staghorn with a nickel barrel, and were the picture larger it would shot a couple moreRenegades and a Hawkins. Then we move to a gun cabinet with some old muzzleloaders in there, used for parts and projects. The other gun racks are all the modern center fire rifles and shotguns that never gets used of course.

Under these rifles are two shelves filled with all kinds of muzzleloader bullets such as a case of Buffalo Bullet conicals in 385 grain, muzzleloader wads for my smoothbore, shot, and assorted other paraphernalia.

The top part of the picture is my work station, cleaning station, and supply station. I use my chest freezer as a work table. I simply cover it with a padded movers blanket. As you can see I have an assortment of sabots to choose from. Hanging along the back wall under the shelf are numerous loading jag, brushes, capers, nipples, and vent liners. Above on the shelves are cleaning products, ear protection, additional range rods, then we move into powders of all kinds, and on the top of the freezer is whats left of my last case of Goex. On the far right of that photo shows shelves containing all the different projectiles I buy in bulk and shoot. Along with 500 conicals from BullShop and a couple hundred maxiball. Under the shelves is a cabinet that you can not see, (again a larger picture would have been needed) which contains eight shelves full of sabots, wads, more bullets, things needed to shoot my smoothbore such as over the shot cards, powder cards, fiber wads, and then in front of all that is a large rubbermaid storage tub that holds all my range supplies for when I go out and shoot. I just carry that storage container out to the range table and I can break down, clean, repair, or shoot about any rifle I own without wondering where my stuff is.

Out that white door you see, you walk twenty yards and you are at the 50 yard station on the range. All you do is sit down, the coffee pot is just inside the door, and you shoot until your hearts content. So you see, I do not have as large a collection as some of you keep claiming I do. I'm sure there are others on the forum that dwarf mine. While I have a good assortment, there is always room for another rifle (which should be coming soon. I bid on a Knight TK2000 shotgun) and a few more bullets.