HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Long range hunting! *VIDEO*
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:48 AM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

Land the first shot in the kill zone with certanty,then we all better quit hunting because that will never be achieavable.No way can we with CERTANTY land the shot the first time in the kill zone EVERYTIME.

THE ONLY THRILL I get out of rifle hunting is being able to take a long range shot,An 800 yard shot is out of my range and I would never consider it.A 400 yard shot is the max I will try with my rifle,the last rifle I had the distance was 500.Heck,people are getting flamed on this site for taking 200 yard shots,this is rediculous.Everyone has a different goal when hunting,your idea of huntingmay have absolutely NOTHING to do with someone else's.Get over it.

HE!! my 12 year old daughter shot a deer at 140 yards this year.Perfect shot,I had confidence in and her abilities so I let her take the shot.

Maybe this is why 98% of my hunting is done with a bow.

Respecting the animal is one thing but placing it on a pedastal is completely over the top.The last thing I want to do is wound an animal but it happens,we just do what we can to avoid it but I am not losing sleep over it if it happens.