HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope Quandary: Here I Go AGAIN!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 12:50 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scope Quandary: Here I Go AGAIN!

As far as the glass goes go with what your eyes and head tells you. The swaro AV is a nice piece andI wouldn't give ita worry. Ihave a friend who has a number of AV, plus a couple members here (who I have come to trustinfo they provided), all say it is a solid scope.

The Conquest was the best in its class to me- resolution, edge to edge clarity and features. I have since bought 2 more as they have performed great in every facet. I currently have leupolds, 3200 Elitesand the usualbanter of others. I have also owned Nikon Monarch, 4200 Eliteand Burris Sign. Series. IME nothing wrong with Leupold or Bushnell's.In regards to theBurris wasn't worth the price tag IMO & nikon I got a lemon which soured me.

3x9 or 2.5x10 for biggame hunting. It gives me the flexibility to power up or down when required. I have never felt the need for lower or higher in the field. In terms of the objectiveI use to buy 50MM thinking it was beneficial somehow but don'tnow for biggame rifles.I have acouple 44mm Conquests theothers are 40mm's.

Rings and bases, I don't like alum. mounts. Majority of mine are Leupolds, Double Dovetails being my favorite Leuy mount. I also have Warne Maxima's. Both quality and reliable IME/O.

We've all gone through it,you definately are not alone.Good Luck