HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Semi or Pump??
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Semi or Pump??

i hunt with an 870 express mag turkey gun with a 21 inch barrel. when i find the stock i want in camo itll be a collapsable m4 style camoed pistol grip stock. i think that will make the ultimate turkey gun. remington came out with one...mossberg makes the stock i want. i contacted Advanced Technology stocks and they said they will make their black model in camo soon...that was a long time ago..hopefully they come out with it sooner or later. i never seen the need for a semi in the turkey woods. if you do your part and wait for the shot your only going to need one shot. if your blazing at them with a semi(like im seeing more of on TV) your going to do more wounding then killing. i come from the school of 1 shot 1 kill and waiting for the perfect shot opprotunity. i was taught to hunt with single shots. my deer rifle dad made me only load 1 round in and only gave me 5 total. said if i couldnt get my tags filled with 5 shells i was SOL. so i guess its kinda...engrained in me to make that first shot count..but thats how it should be.