HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weimaraners
Thread: Weimaraners
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Snooky
Banned

Default RE: Weimaraners

Before you can find the "best" dog, first decide exactly what you are looking for, then start looking at the breed most likely to have such a dog. Having owned English Pointers, GSP's GWP's, Brittanies, and Weiners, 1979WCA Nat'l Derby Ch., "Haus", was my dog. There are good ones in all of the breeds. One man likes one type of dog and will make statement like, "as a bird dog, I have never seen a good one". That man is kennel blind, or has never seen many bird dogs. There are big "show" type weiners that don't make the kind of dog I like. There are those bred for field work only that are as good as any breed in my opinion but they hunt different than other breeds. There aren't gray GSP's and have a different personality altogether. There are some lines within the breed tend to be ill tempered as do some GSP's, GWP's, English Pointers, Setters, and all other breeds. One must do his homework when looking for the dog of a lifetime. Don't fall for a color and then try to turn that color into the performance dog you desire. Pickthe performance that you must have, and then start looking for a dog of any color that will perform exceptibly.