HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How come I didn't do this sooner?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Buster T

Default RE: How come I didn't do this sooner?

Lets pheasant hunt ........ you'll maybe go 1 for 50 and the compounder might go 0-50 is there REALLY that much differnce ? Unless you want to ground shoot them ........ advantage compounder

I'm not so much talking about 3D and trick shooting as I am hunting LBR. Stand placement is critical regardless of weapon. Compound shooters have aHUGE advantage deer hunting with few exceptions. Those exceptions might even fall under the "unethical shot" catgeory too (ie snap shooting)

Bottom line, and you said it yourself I think, people like to get everything for nothing - they want every shortcut they can take to eliminate any work involved while at the same time increasing success rate - find something that does that and you'll be a millionaire from scnet eliminating clothing to compounds to mechanical broadheads to laser rangefinders.

Its the Big Easy ....... and compounds Rule bowhunting because of it.

Is easier better ? Define better - better for filling your tag, absolutely with few exceptions.

You reference your experience in 3D, I reference mine in hunting. I'd have at least 2 P&Y whitetails and a P&Y bull plus a couple of other nice Arkansas bucks had I used a compound over the past years. That I chose more difficult weapons to hunt with resulted in tag soup. Thats okay too ........ my point though is with a compound I'd have tagged animals because with a compound comes more power, more accuracy, at farther distances.