HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Georgia hunters out there?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 06:45 AM
Catfish369

Default RE: Any Georgia hunters out there?

I live in Richmond County...hunt in Richmond, Burke, Columbia, Warren, Wilkes, and McDuffie counties.

Lots of deer this year, as always more does than bucks. One thing I have noticed is that the hog and turkey populations seem to be increasing, or maybe I'm just seeing them more than in past years.

The public dove fields out my way didn't have very many birds, and what was there must have been in the early season because the late season was very sad.

Rabbits, squirrels, and Canadian geese are doing fine....I've seen lots of them. The geese always seemed to be in private fields where no hunting was allowed.

A "family" of bobcats has moved into one of my hunting areas. A buddy and I were out near the end in the deer season when, I guess, it was "whoopie time" for the cats....LMAO. My buddy told me later, as we met up and walked bach to where we were parked that he thought the cats were in the tree next to him as they were so loud.

I'm hearing rumours that the deer season "may" be extended for an entire, additional MONTH next season.....no facts yet, but it would be nice.

That's about it up my way.