View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 06:34 AM
Pointers

Default RE: A Crack in the "Rock?"

ORIGINAL: LineHog

ORIGINAL: Pointers

ORIGINAL: LineHog

ORIGINAL: Pointers

Why didn't the USP sue those mid-west coal burning companies instead of the PGC?
Your funny...State'ssued. You can pretend it is nota issue or a cause. The deer did it and the solution is to rid the land of them.
Not pretending. I've never heard one biologist say acid rain is not an issue. NEVER! However, the PGC is not in the business of managing rain, that's the DEP. Perhaps you should be posting your info for them. Better yet call you Rep and let him/her know that you'd like the DEP to file a suit against coal-burning companies and let the PGC do what they are supposed to, manage PA's birds and mammals.

2ndly, I've never heard anyone from the PGC say that the deer management plan is to "rid the land of them".
How about a Forest Hydrologist?

PENN STATE EXPERT BLAMES FOREST PROBLEM ON ACID RAIN, NOT DEER
"They can kill all the deer, but it will take a lot more than that to fix the forests," he said. "The problem is that nothing is growing well. In places where soils are not buffered by naturally occurring calcium, there is no regeneration of acid-sensitive tree species. I'm offering a different hypothesis -- the deer are not the main problem."
http://aginfo.psu.edu/news/may02/acid.html
That's great that he is offering a hypothesis!