HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a BP around $250
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 06:01 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a BP around $250

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

I like the sabots that come on the TC's. They load fine in my gun. I always use the ones that comeon thebullets.
I >>use to<< also just use the sabot with the bullet, however if they load real real tight, then it is worthless to struggle trying to push one down, therefore use a better sabot designed for easy loading. Get 2 or 3 different brand guns and you will see what I mean. Crushed rib always works, other sabots don't. That is my experience. Sabotloader uses MMP 24s I believe, and he likes them for easy loading. Less costly to do it your way, and if you have 1 gun and they load fine, don't change. But if your having loading problems do 2 things:
1) swab between shots even in field
2) get a sabot that loads easy.

I now do both of these things and my accuracy and confidence have improved. I too have a goal of shooting 2" groups. I think load, bullet, rifle bedding and solid rest all affect accuracy very very much. Of all those I believe bullet performance is number 1, 'cause if it won't kill quickly, then it is worthless. I like the term that I learned here on the forum "boom flop", that is what I am shooting for, as I know you are.
Chap Gleason Va