HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - String Jumping Distances-"Boo Theory"
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Straightarrow

Default RE: String Jumping Distances-"Boo Theory"

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You might want to look up the speed of sound again! Also the human factors thrown in.....if you still dont believe it, just keep shootn! sorry I disagree with that theory and publicing it for the general public as not all are capable/proficent/knowledgable in there equipment..the he said this theory applies!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

The speed of sound is approximately 1100 fps depending on temperature and altitude. What you may not be considering, is reaction time. A deer does not instantly react to any sound. The ear must transmit it to the brain, which must then interpret it as danger, then it must send a signal to the muscles involved, to run. You don't have to believe me, just read the article. It is very well explained. I'm just relaying the information it contained, along with my experience.