HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
M77man

Default RE: Tikka t3 vs. browning abolt hunter.

ORIGINAL: pdoughertyMU

yeah, i mean what really sets it aside from lets say a tikka.

The Tikka comes bedded, has a detachable magazine, not so sure about the spring stuff, i think it only has 2 locking lugs but that isn't the biggest of deals to me, bolt handle i think it just as good, has a factory free floated barrel, i personally think the tikkas action is smoother than the brownings that i tried out today, I don't see much difference in the two safetys, other than tikkas is on the side and brownings in the middle, Trigger seems better on the tikka, i don't need/want the boss system.

plus tikka is guaranteed to shoot 3 in an inch at 100 yards, browning is not.

But, i think the wood on the brownings are very nice.

But a lot of this is personal preference to me.
It sounds like you are heading in the right direction! I believe the Tikka is also half the price of a Browning and with everything you just mentioned it beats out my Ruger but you might still want to check out the Hawkeye. The only thing that I didn't care for on the Tikka was the ergonomics and fit of the stock. BUT, the Tikka lite is high on my list for my next rifle should I be lucky enough to get another! Right now, my priority is saving up for a hunt out west with the one I got right now. A few years down the road, which is a long time from now, I'll probably be like you and adding one to my collection. The main thing is to take your time and analyze everything before making the deciscion. But to me it sounds like you have your ducks in a row.