HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey gun help.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
mouthcaller
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey gun help.

Whitetailcrazy,

Are you talking about a Remington 870 (pump gun) or an 11-87 (gas-operated semiauto)???

I re-read you post and something doesn't make much sense to me. You state the following:

Well I am not looking for trouble, but stay away from 870's they are junk!!!!!!!!!!! I've hada few and sold them.... I shoot a lot.... I haven't seen one that shoots low brass shells. I do a lot of sporting clay shooting, and i might say it's one of the worst gun's made, if you want a gun that jams, then buy an 870. But if your buying strickly a turkey gun, and shooting high powder charges you might be alright.

Please explain how low brass shellscause an 870 to jam but not "high powder charges". That doesn't make much sense to me. I've shot everything from light dove loads to00 buckshot out of mine and it didn't make any difference on my ability to work the action.

but

If you are talking about a gas-operated 11-87, then your statement makes sense. The spent gas from the shot is captured and used to cycle the action. Lower charges mean less gas anda greater potential for misfires.

So, which is it, 870 or 11-87 ????

Thanks

Mouthcaller