HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All Around Hand Gun
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Nomercy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All Around Hand Gun

By saying I don't plan on my .45 acp jamming, I meant to imply that I would be afraid to trust my life to it just because semiautos are capable of jamming. You don't plan on your ignition failing in your DA rounds (or any round), and I don't plan on my .45 jamming, I don't plan on it because it hasn't ever happened, despite the fact that it is possible, kinda like I don't plan on getting shot walking across the street, despite the fact it is possible, and so I am not afraid to cross the street. I count on my .45 acp the same as I do my .45 colts and my .44's

The thing that I'd risk jamming for is the cycle rate and ease, I shoot my .45 a lot, so my safety is habitually engrained, which also gives me the ability to point and click like I had a target pistol (3" groups at 75yrds free shooting/unrested one handed). If someone wakes me up in my apartment in the middle of the night, they're already closer than I want to be, so even though I'm groggy, I guarantee I can get the safety off and lead flying fast, but I can empty my 8 from my acp before I can get my 5th shot rolling from one of my .44's loaded with weak CAS rounds (less than 1000fps at muzzle), I've timed it, so if I only have x amount of time, and those shots were it, I can put nearly twice the lead in them and reload if necessary in less than half the time as a DA.

Screw the 10 ring, keep them in the zero!!!