HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All Around Hand Gun
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 05:47 PM
nightmare68

Default RE: All Around Hand Gun

In my opinion the key to your problem lies in the sentence where you stated that you weren't real familiar with hndguns. first you should find a pistol that has the fewest working parts, minimal maintinance and the ballistic ability for the tasks you ask it to perform. I personnally like my s&w model 686 stainless 357. it fires when i want it to and it hits what i point it at. home protection is a most admirable trait, who doesn't want their family and themselves to be safe, but to go out and buy a gun just ins't the answer. i agree with just about everything the other people wrote, ( minus anything made by glock lol) but there is more to home protection, with a handgun. go take a class, learn about the gun, and how to handle it affectively, and how to retain it in the event of a hand to hand situation. after that maybe you can make a decision as to what gun you want for protection and which one of those choices ( that a professional may give )would work for your hunting pleasure! make sure it fits right, it's comfortable, and remember practice breeds perfection! god bless america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!