HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All Around Hand Gun
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 01:32 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default RE: All Around Hand Gun

my 2 cents. First. I no longer carry a gun for work. But when I did it was a 9mm. for several years I carried my personal Sig. Then a department Glock. I liked both. I still carry the Sig. It performs wonderfully. As a test I once went 3 months without cleaning it and fired literally thousands of rounds thru it. somewhere around 3-5000 rounds, it jammed. there was enough crud in there to plant corn. just 6 months ago, I bought a box of ammo that stovepiped every other shot. I ran several other boxes thru it and no problems at all. The Autoloader has it's place (in my concealed carry holster). But if I wanted to hunt, I would go with a 4 or 5 inch barrelled .357 . IF you don't think it has enough knock down power to take a deer within 40 yards, then I have to say that you don't know what you are talking about. I used to put speer gold dot rounds in my wifes Smith and I think that if she ever had to hit someone with it, it would have ended the discussion. Everyone has an opinion. That's mine.