HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Synt. stock help for a 700
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Duckbutter48
Nontypical Buck

Default Need Synt. stock help for a 700

Need some help deciding which stock to get. Im looking at making a beater gun, Im about to acquire a Rem 700, 308 with a 20 inch barrel(blued). I need a stock for this gun. I leaning toward camo but Im jut not up on the syth stocks enough. I'm not looking to spend 300$ for something super accuratejust want a good hardwoods/hunting in bad weather gun.

I dont know which to get. I plan on glass bedding whichever stock I buy and am not really worried about aluminum block style. Cabelas has the reg Rem 700 stock in camo for 100$ they list an SPS stock in camo for 119$ and the XCR stock in camo for 199$ I cant find any pics of the SPS stock in camo anywhere. I also cant figure out the difference between the SPS and XCR.I could also geta Bell and Carlson camo stock for about 170$. I want to know how much better if any the SPS camo stocks are from the regular 100$ Rem stocks and if you guys know what the differences are. Again Im not looking for a benchrest gunfor this project, just something light and carryable for some mountain hunting.