HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Middleton Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Middleton Crossbows

No really mike, tell us how you feel? LOL! I have said it before And I will still admit it in public about Horton being sucked into the mal-mart game and making cheep CB's for them to sell to people just like your friend. If all his research leads him to a place like wal-mart to buy a CB then I would say he got what he deserved IMO. The new recurve being made by Horton is the testament to sales. I think they are big enough to where there board room worries about profits, and thatruns the show and not what the owner felt should in the begging, I can't imagine Bernard Horton being proud when he sees the wal-mart boxes going out his door. They still say on there site that they feel a wheel bow is better, but yet they are selling a new line of recurves now. You ask why, it's all for money, a market has opened up and they want a piece of it. I think If you get a top end one you are OK with the Horton, but if they did not make that thing any lighter, then they should just pull the plug cause there CB's have to be about the heaviest I have ever held. A man can loose his balance if he puts down a Horton and pics up a Excal to fast, will need to change his footing first.