HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would this anger you?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:18 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would this anger you?

It was pretty nice of you to pay the bill in the first place. First off....$200 for Snow's is mighty high a price. Second, I don't care if I am paying $200 or $2,000, if I am paying to hunt...that means you aren't shooting the birds I am paying to shoot at.If a guide asks, I will almost always say sure thing, but that depends on the guide too. I have taken a fewclients on fishing trips before, and you bet your butt that even on very hot action fishing days for stripers, I, (the mate) didn't real one in unless everyone flat insisted that I do so. And I let the paying clients catch my two rockfish, and keep them. This is how it should be. I was there to rig, net, set and clear....not fish. Those guys were there to call birds, call shots, retrieve, and stay out of the way. Not to hunt and shoot all the birds....then take them home!

A friend had a similar experience up there in MD with snows. They shot a banded bird, and the young guide tried to claim it. It almost came to a fist fight, not over the band itself, just over the principal that someone who is paying to hunt, isn't really getting to do much except watch. May have even been the same group.

Big, please post the name of this bogus outfit, so all others may avoid them.