HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tred barta?
Thread: tred barta?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 06:05 PM
holbo

Default RE: tred barta?

I think Barta, while being obnoxious, still shows the value of trying to suceed in a technical world with hard work and determination. As others have said you see a much more realistic hunting experience from his shows. Generally I don't see any of the hunting shows doing much good for the sport. The majority of us hunters are never going to have the advantage of being able to hunt in places where the sucess of the hunter is almost guaranteed, whether it be in high fence hunts or at hunting preserves that breed and feed to generate giant bucks. The hunting shows advertise such places and film their hunts there. I have never seen a televised hunt here in southeastern NC nor do I expect to. Our woods are too thick and the deer are too hard to kill, even though we have respectable deer. All in all advertisers are generating a desire among us ordinary guys to buy their products so that we too can be sucessful pope and young deer killers in our hunting areas. A wothwhile goal but probably not very realistic.