HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would this anger you?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
bigcountry

Default Would this anger you?

Ok, I pay 200 dollars for this special deal for snow goose hunting where they call you the day before if they have them on the property and feel its going to be a real good day. Ok, I never knew that snow on the ground can throw off the hunting but thats makes sense.

Well, 10 of us gets out there 7 hunters, and 3 guides and we barely manage 12 birds.

Thats ok, thats hunting.

Well, one blue one, they called them eagles, was flying in, so hired hand shot and so did I. I kept shooting, until he went down. He acted upset cause I tore him up, because he wanted to get it mounted. Keep in mind, he is out there to support us. That ticked me off.

So, on our way back in the back of the truck, the two young guides/hands(around 20), started picking thru the birds to find ones they want to mount. I couldn't believe it. We only got 12 for 7 paying hunters??? They started saying, they knew the ones they took down which was bull. We were all shooting and no shot was under 40 yards.

I paid my bill, didnt' tip, and grabbed2 geese and got in the truck and left.

One of the older guys who was paying to hunt was overhearing the two young hands and the older caller/guide saying they took this one, and that one and about 6. He said, "well, since you shot all the geese, I guess we only pay half price right?". They shut up pretty quick.

This is one of the more premieroutfits on the eastern shore of Md.

Am Iin the wrong? AllI kept hearing about before the hunt was they took 60 on average. Sure, I am disappointed to onlytake a few shots. But thats hunting. I did manage to witness several thousand swirling in the sky like a tornado once, which was an awesome experience.