HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Standings after week 1..
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
WVBowhunter10

Default RE: Standings after week 1..

You are right. The X count is going to be a big factor at the end. How long have you been shooting 5 Spot or is this your first try? The more experience that you get the better you are going to do. You will see a huge difference in alot of peoples scores later in the league. Most leagues that shoot for money like the one I shoot in don't allow the people who have handicaps to shoot over a 299 when their handicap is added. Some others adjust the handicap every week to compensate for everyones improvement. With this league we are not doing either so what you are starting to see is going to happen which is what you want to see. Improvement.

I played golf for years as well before I switched to archery. Your handicap here is much different that your handicap or index for golf. One thing is if you are shooting an indoor spot league, nothing ever changes except for maybe the lighting but the distance is the same, the target is the same. In golf, each course has a different rating and slope. So you may shoot all of your rounds on a hard or difficult course and compared to someone else it is hard to judge. In archery it is all about repetition and accuracy. You will be shooting with the rest of us before you know it.