HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Forum Behavior
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Forum Behavior

If you are trying to educate people to the truths of crossbows and their ability, then it does not matter if they are a troll or not, you should not attack them personally. Totally ignoring them is not really a good idea either, but rebut their comments with calm, truthful statements.

I nolonger have the documents (e-mails) to support this, but a while back, there was a State that was fighting to include crossbows. You know the anti-crossbow groups linked to fight against it. Well, one of the government personal, went to the forums to gather evidence on his own. He came to the realization that because the crossbow users were able to calmly debate and provide data to support claims and one person in particular who was against crossbows, but only was able to try to slam them, had no creditability and was not allowed to even speak at the meeting unless you could back up his statements with PROVEN FACTS. Now more and more States are learning that the anti's are not as forthcoming as they try to make you believe. Believe me, even in Canada, changes are coming because it is against the Canadian Disability act to not allow crossbows for the disabled. But to only allow the disabled to use crossbows, that is DISCRIMINATION because it singles out the person with the disability. Changes are coming.

You see, even though we are in this forum, we need to hold ourselves to the highest level of scrunity just to prove that we are NOT the BIG BAD GUY. It is forums like this which will give us our credability or lead people to believe the false claims that we are only uneithical slob hunters that the anti's claim.

Why I started this thread, was not the strict attack on a troll but a few different threads which had personal comments dirrected at a member. Since this memberr felt they were under attack, they attacked back in self defence, then was ganged up on by others. The first comment might not have been ment in the mannor at which it came across, but it did start a fued. We need to stop these comments right away, befoe they can ballon out of control. From what I read on this thread, I think some mistake opinions for troll statements. Just because it is a comment that you do not agree with, does not mean it is a troll comment. You should always keep an open mind to new ideas, this is how we learn.