HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Eating Bear????
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 09:37 AM
pyclub1
Fork Horn

Default RE: Eating Bear????

Wow, never heard so many people bash bear meat before, If it is taken care of quick and properly it is as good as venison, elk, mule deer etc,etc,. Bear has gotten a bad rap over the years, we have all heard it," they eat garbage and rotten animals" well I personally love bear meat and so have alot of my coworkers and friends that thought they were eating venison or elk or whatever else I told them it was and then I tell them what it really is and they love it...Bear steaks are very good but demanding, as said before clean the meat well, get the hide off as quick as possible, make sureyou bleed the bear as well as possible, most people dont do that they drive around with their bear for a couple days to show off to thier buddies instead of taking care of the meat, think about it their hide is thick and needs to be taken off, and get the meat cleaned up and you will be happily surprised..Just remember for most of the year a bear eats berries and bugs, nothing wrong with that...Good luck and good chewing...