HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Getting the most speed out of my bow.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
mobow

Default RE: Getting the most speed out of my bow.

Depending GREATLY on what arrow you are shooting, I would expect speeds in the mid to high 280's.

There are alot of things you can do to maximize the potential in your bow. If you want raw speed, get as close to the 5 grains per pound of pull mark you can get. Then, make sure your bow is perfectly tuned. Shoot w/ as few string add ons as you can, but keep one thing in mind. Sometimes a few things can actually generate speed. For example, I took the string silencers off of my Vectrix and it slowed down 5 fps....So I put them back on. That's just something you'll have to play with. Generally speaking, though, the more stuff you have on your string, especially in the center, the more speed you lose.

Ok, now we've done that. Cut back the serving. Get as much off as you can. You obviously need serving, but not as much as there usually is.

Second, make sure the cams are PERFECTLY timed and where they need to be. I know you shoot a single cam bow, but make sure it's perfect.

If you really wanna get nuts.......Replace the factory cam bearings with needle bearings....expensive, but you'll notice a difference.