HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quick question for NY hunters..envolves AR's
Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Sylvan
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quick question for NY hunters..envolves AR's

ORIGINAL: jgbennett6

I disagree to the point that the pop. is fine, maybe where you are but not in many areas of NY.. think of other hunters and not jsut yourself. I agree the doe population wil increase, but it would throw off the gen. pop of the herd in the long run. do you ccar about the longevity and health of the deer herd in NY?..in my area, i'm not sure of others, the buck to doe ratios is way out of whack!! and the woods are over browsed
You are really confusing me regarding how you disagreed with me. All I said was is that the state can increase the numbers by restricting the doe permits. You agreed. Wouldn't that increase the numbers in your area too? If you have too many deer in your region then of course it woudn't be wise to restrict doe permits you would want to increase them. But again what's your point. My point was with regard to the cost of enforcement andgiven a population that is far from anydanger of being wiped out I don't see poaching as a problem at least not realative to other issues in NY. Buck to doe ratios and longevity and all that is an issue I didn't adress so again I don't know what you've disagreed with.

If you want me to address managing buck to doe ratios etcrelative to enforcement costs though I certainly will. Again, IMO, that is even less important than managing overall population when it comes to comparing it's importance to other issues so Icertainly can't justify an increase in cost for it.