HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1 over and 2 under our 3 under?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:57 AM
PA Hardwoods

Default RE: 1 over and 2 under our 3 under?

I originally learned to shoot a bow split finger, But last year when I started shooting a recurve again I decided to try shooting 3 fingers under (Apache Style) and found that to be much more accurate for me. You see I use my arrow a my sight. Sort of like looking down the barrel of a shotgun. I know with my arrow and bow combination that I can aim dead on with the tip of my arrow at 20 yards and hit there. I anchor with my middle finger in the corner of my mouth. It basically took me about 6 months to figure out what style of aiming and variety of anchor points worked for me. Try different ones out. This method works for me. In fact last thursday night. I crushed my personal best score with my Chek-Mate Hunter II (PSAA Indoor Round, Basicallly a single target face vegas round). I shot a 373 out of a possible 600. Much much better than the average 250's I shot last year. I shot with different styles and a different bow (1966 Bear Kodiak Magnum) last year. But I attribute my increased proficiency to finding a system that works for me, lots of practice and a great bow that is a pleasure to shoot.

Hey Matt/PA you should shoot with our team at the PSAA States in HBG this year. We have a team of Recurve and Longbow Shooters. I know you'd have a ton of fun with us and we're always looking for new guys to join the team. By the way did I mention we are the state record holders for recurve and longbow?