HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Digesting Corn?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Digesting Corn?

Sorry that it is worded weird, after reading it again, my question is kinda vague. But I have heard many people on this site, and other places and even hunting shows say deer do not get a whole lot out of corn, and have heard some people say they do not fully digest it just like us. I guess I just made two statements there so I will get the second one out first. People say they do not fully digest it. Is this true or a myth? Like not to sound disgusting, but when I eat corn, like many other people, 20 hours later, I am reminded of it. Do people say that they do not fully digest it because we do not? And I made the comments about deer poo, cause I have never seen whole corn or pieces of it in deer poo. I know its in there, but by the looks of it they did digest it, right?

Now for the first one. They say deer do not get much out of corn? Is this true? I get the impression that corn is a bad food for deer and that it takes alot of work for them to eat and in the long run they do not gain much from it is the opinion I get. I would think that deer would have to benefit from it when they are running out of food and it is available for them. I just here alot of people say they use corn, and then I here people say it does little for the deer.