HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Declining license sales in PA, a new theory
Old 01-13-2007, 05:20 AM
NorthPA

Default RE: Declining license sales in PA, a new theory

I never gave such a thing a thought, but agree wholeheartidly that it may be a contributing factor. Amazing how sharp we are at 5 in the morning ain't it?
I can tell you, from one who has always been obsessed with deer hunting, that "age" definitely figures into the decision of whether or not to continue hunting.
Even as recent as five years ago I would not be sitting here on the last day or late archery season with my tag unused; rain, snow, wind, cold.....no matter!
However, it is most likely, my tag would not have been unused because I would have hunted a lot harder than I do now and possibly tagged out by now.
I doubt I will ever quit purchasing a license. But I live in the middle of the woods and have good deer habitat and fair numbers of deer.
If I were a city dweller and had to weigh all the preparation, cost and nuisance of travel, time away from family, versus just walking out the door, I think the quit hunting option would be much more close to being considered. Those who say the Baby Boomer effect is not valid -- just don't know.